Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy not to be Spam

This is first cold morning of the season here in Colorado. I'm sipping my Starbuck's pumpkin spice latte and rejoicing that my blog has been cleared by the Blogger spam cops. You see, soon after I posted my first entry I received an email saying, "Your blog has been identified as a potential spam blog. To correct this, please request a review by filling out the form [here]." I checked my blog this morning and it's all back to normal again. I've been approved. Now that I've been approved, where do I start? Yesterday a was a bit of downer at work. It was the last day for several of the contractors because the company I work for is feeling the credit crunch and economic downturn that is dominating the news now. Last week was the "worst week in stock market history." I've heard that before. The economy goes in cycles. We're near the bottom now, there's brighter days. It's just hard to believe it at the moment, but we can ride the coming bull market to success. After working in IT for 20 years I've come to accept the fact that software developers are an expense that every business needs to minimize in order to be successful. The key to success as a programmer is to be a partner with your employers to deliver the highest quality software at the lowest cost possible. Today we have many tools and methodologies to help achieve that goal. In future blog posts I will be covering things like the newest versions of languages and developer tools, Test Driven Development, MVC, agile development, combining it all together into the "Get 'er Done" methodology.

No comments: